Vallarta Supermarkets, a Southern California-based, independently-owned supermarket chain announced that it will donate $130,000 to 15 local non-profit organizations.
The donations will be made through Vallarta Supermarket’s Gonzalez Family Foundation to educational institutions, scholarship foundations and grassroots organizations working to benefit communities across Vallarta’s 50-store footprint in Southern California, the San Joaquin Valley and the Central Coast.
The Foundation has a history of investing in the promise of tomorrow’s leaders, and their gifts will enable these organizations to continue their support of California’s diverse youth.
Vallarta Supermarkets was founded in 1985, and with hard work, perseverance, and a loyal customer base, the company has grown into one of the largest and most successful independent supermarket chains in the country, according to a press release.
The Founders’ immigrant roots are a source of inspiration to many immigrants from all over the world who strive to contribute to their adopted country.
The donations from Vallarta Supermarkets totaling $130,000 will go to the following organizations in California:
- California State University, Northridge Alumni Association
- Southeast Fresno Economic Development Foundation
- El Concilio, Oxnard
- Youth Leaders Education Foundation, Bakersfield
- Allan Hancock Community College, Santa Maria
- Southwestern Community College, National City
- Antelope Valley College, Lancaster
- Victor Valley College, Victorville
- TELACU Education Foundation, Los Angeles
- MAOF Delano Child Care Center
- Education and Leadership Foundation, Fresno
- College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita
- Pierce College, San Fernando Valley
- Los Angeles Mission College, Sylmar
- Whittier College, Whittier
Last year, Vallarta Supermarkets donated $ 110,000 to local education organizations that support Latino students seeking a university or college education in markets that the company serves. “Given our company’s immigrant roots, we recognize the importance of family, hard work and education. Many of our customers came to this country seeking the American Dream of a better life for themselves and their families. We want to help our customers obtain that dream,” said Rick Castillo, Marketing Director of Vallarta Supermarkets.
Since 1985, Vallarta Supermarkets has grown to a total of 50 stores with more than 8,000 employees, throughout different counties in California (Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino, Kern, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Tulare, Orange and Fresno).