Walmart announced that it has its holiday shopping season action plan ready to tackle inflation by offering shoppers more convenience, greater deals, and an enhanced omnichannel shopping experience.
The retailer said more than half of its customers will begin their holiday shopping quest in October, and its stores are already prepared to meet their needs. Walmart announced pricing investments to offer even greater savings, three new and expanded returns options, a broader assortment with more top gifts, a new community giving platform, and an enhanced omnichannel shopping experience to satisfy its customers all season long.
“Saving our customers time and money is in our DNA, and I am proud of how we’ve innovated to offer exactly what our customers need this holiday – deeper savings across a broader assortment of gifts with a seamless omnichannel shopping experience,” said Tom Ward, Executive Vice President and Chief eCommerce Officer, Walmart U.S. “We listened to our customers, and the way we’re approaching holiday this year underscores our commitment to making holiday shopping easier, affordable and more enjoyable.”
Deeper Savings All Season Long
More than 80% of customers who plan to shop at Walmart this holiday season are doing so because of its low prices. The retailer reported that this year, families could expect exceptional prices on gifts and for their everyday shopping needs – both in stores and online – throughout the season.
Walmart is making significant pricing investments in key categories to ensure it can offer great value to its customers during a time when they need it most. In addition, it will offer thousands more rollbacks this holiday to provide even deeper savings on the most popular gifts, including toys, home goods, electronics, beauty, and more.
New and Expanded “No Concerns” Return Options
Walmart is making the returns experience easier and more convenient with three new and expanded options that save customers time during the holiday shopping season. Beginning in October, shoppers will be able to take advantage of seamless new returns options, including:
- Holiday Guarantee: Customers are shopping earlier, and now Walmart guarantees they won’t have to worry about short return windows with the newly extended holiday return policy for purchases, including electronics and Marketplace items. Eligible purchases made on or after October 1 can be returned through January 31, 2023.
- Curbside returns: This service allows customers to return items from the comfort of their vehicles while picking up their weekly essentials.
- Return Pickup from Home for Walmart+ members: Walmart will offer Walmart+ members in select stores the option of returns picked up right from their doorstep. When initiating an eligible return on the app, Walmart+ members can schedule a return from the comfort of their homes and complete the process without leaving their doorstep.
Increased Assortment of Must-Have Gifts
Walmart has expanded its assortment of holiday gifts this season with more items, more new brands, and more Walmart exclusives. The retailer said it invested in key gift categories to increase the inventory of highly sought-after electronics as well as household items.
It also increased its toy assortment with 1,400 new items, including more than 500 Walmart exclusives. Customers looking for the best deals online can visit Walmart’s recently added Flash Picks, which includes some of the hottest, limited-time-only deals available online.
Enabling Customers to Spark Good Through the Holiday Shopping
The retailer introduced Spark Good, a new way of giving designed to spark collective action – and a big impact – in support of communities nationwide. Spark Good offers more opportunities for people to direct their giving to the causes they care most about, and it brings a robust suite of giving resources to Walmart.com, providing easy access to programs and tools for nonprofits.
The Round-Up and Registry Programs Make it Easy to Tailor Giving:
- Spark Good Round-Up: Allows customers to round up their purchase total and donate their change to the charity of their choice at checkout on Walmart.com and Walmart app year-round.
- Spark Good Registry: Just like a baby or wedding registry, nonprofits can create and manage registries for products they want and need making it easier for customers to ensure their giving supports areas that will make the greatest impact. Nonprofits can now send charitable receipts and thank their donors all through Spark Good.
More Convenient Omnichannel Shopping Experience
With omnichannel shopping services, the retailer seeks to offer its customers a simple, convenient, and flexible experience that makes holiday shopping easier.
- Enhanced Walmart.com site experience: The enhancements simplify holiday shopping with an easy-to-navigate user experience that highlights all the best deals in one place, saving customers time.
- Shopping made personal: The retailer also recently launched a series of new, personalized site experiences like virtual try-on and “View In Your Home,” so customers can see if an item works for them before checking it off their gift list.
- Refreshed holiday wish lists and registry suite: Recently, Walmart began rolling out a new ‘Scan to Add’ feature to customers, allowing them to scan items in-store using the Walmart app to add directly to a registry, making it seamless whether shopping online or in-store.
- Fast and easy pickup and delivery services: Customers count on Express Delivery delivered within two hours and Free NextDay or Two-Day Delivery on online orders.
Ready to Deliver this Holiday Season
Walmart’s recent investments in automation will enable the company to flow products faster through its distribution and fulfillment network and improve the in-store experience for associates serving customers.
Ensuring continuity in the supply chain, Walmart announced hiring more than 1,000 drivers for its private fleet as part of the 40,000 additional associates the retail chain plans to hire during the holidays for various seasonal and full-time roles.