Vallarta Supermarkets opened its first supermarket in Salinas, California, just a week after the inauguration of its new store in Carson. This development marks a further step in the company’s expansion strategy.
According to the Hispanic grocery chain, the new supermarket located at 1050 N. Davis Road, Salinas, CA, opened its doors to the public on November 15, 2023.
“We are extremely excited to open our doors in Salinas,” said Lizette Gomez, Director of Marketing at Vallarta Supermarkets. “This new location allows us to connect with an even broader range of customers, and we look forward to serving the local community with the same high-quality products and exceptional customer service that Vallarta Supermarkets is known for.”
As part of the new store’s opening celebration, Vallarta Supermarkets gave away reusable bags filled with groceries to the first 300 customers.
The new supermarket in Salinas has the following departments:
- Fresh Produce: Vallarta Supermarkets sources the freshest produce from local growers, as well as those across the USA and around the world, including Mexico, Chile, Canada, Peru, Guatemala, New Zealand, and more.
Latino favorites like mamey, chayote, mango tierno, and seasonal favorites can be found at every location.
- Carnes Frescas: The Vallarta Carnicería marks the origin of it all. Renowned for its Carne Asada, Vallarta’s distinctive flavor and marinade, crafted from an authentic blend of spices, heighten the experience of any carne asada dish, utilizing the freshest ingredients in its marinade to ensure the finest taste.
- Pescaderia: Every Vallarta store features a pescaderia with an in-house Cevicheria, which includes a wide selection of fresh and frozen quality seafood from all over the world.
The Cevicheria showcases eight varieties of house-made ceviches made with freshly squeezed lime, all made in-store in small batches throughout the day to ensure peak freshness made with the finest ingredients.
Related Article: Vallarta Supermarkets Opens in Carson its 55th Store
- Tortillería: Customers at the Salinas store can buy authentic homemade fresh corn and flour tortillas daily, made with the highest quality corn, soaked & boiled for 24 hours, ground with volcanic rock, and then cooked to perfection.
- Cremería: The Cremería is Vallarta’s version of a traditional deli, where customers can find a selection of the freshest house-made cremas from Mexico and Central America, as well as Latin American cheeses, including queso fresco, queso frijolero, cotija, queso Oaxaca and more.
- Panadería: Customers can find Latin American favorite breads like conchas, puerquitos, mantecadas, and bolillos. Vallarta Supermarkets also makes cakes and sweets in-store from red velvet to their signature Vallarta Tres Leches cakes, tiramisu, gelatinas, cheesecakes, and mouth-watering flan.
- La Isla: Each store has a juice bar where customers can order fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices. Various aguas frescas are also available in flavors like horchata, pineapple, papaya, mamey, and jamaica.
With the opening of the Salinas store, Vallarta Supermarkets eagerly anticipates becoming a cornerstone of the Salinas community, dedicated to providing quality products and delivering exceptional customer service while fostering community growth and well-being, stated the company.