Vallarta Supermarkets is ready for the grand opening of its 55th store location in Carson, California. Located at 110 E. Carson St., the new store is set to open its doors to the public on November 8, 2023.
To celebrate the new store opening, Vallarta Supermarkets will gift the first 300 customers reusable bags filled with groceries or gift baskets.
“We are excited to open our doors and expand into the South Bay with the community of Carson,” said Lizette Gomez, Director of Marketing at Vallarta Supermarkets. “Our goal has always been to provide a welcoming shopping experience where our customers can find fresh, high-quality products to everyday essentials while celebrating the cultural diversity that makes this community unique.”
The new store will feature Vallarta Supermarkets’ departments, which include:
- La Fruteria: New to Vallarta Supermarket and the first of its kind, customers will now be able to make fresh fruit bowls in-store.
Customers choose their fruits of choice from watermelon, cucumber, pineapple, mango, cantaloupe, and honeydew; and to top it off, customers can add their toppings such as Tajin, Chamoy, lime juice, and salt.
- Fresh Produce: Vallarta Supermarkets sources the freshest produce from local growers, as well as those across the USA and around the world, including Mexico, Chile, Canada, Peru, Guatemala, New Zealand, and more.
Latino favorites like mamey, chayote, mango tierno, and seasonal favorites can be found at every location.
- Carnes Frescas: The Vallarta Carniceria marks the origin of it all. Renowned for its Carne Asada, Vallarta’s distinctive flavor and marinade, crafted from an authentic blend of spices, heighten the experience of any carne asada dish, utilizing the freshest ingredients in its marinade to ensure the finest taste.
Each store offers a variety of American meat cuts, such as Porterhouse, T-Bone, and Tri-Tip, and carries USDA choice Tomahawk steak, a premium, thick-cut ribeye steak not commonly carried at other supermarkets.
Related Article: What motivates consumers to buy more private-label products?
- Pescaderia: Every Vallarta store features a pescaderia with an in-house Cevicheria, which includes a wide selection of fresh and frozen quality seafood from all over the world.
The Cevicheria showcases eight varieties of house-made refreshing, flavorful, and authentic ceviches made with freshly squeezed lime, all made in-store in small batches throughout the day to ensure peak freshness made with the finest ingredients.
- Tortilleria: Customers can buy authentic homemade fresh corn and flour tortillas daily, made with the highest quality corn, soaked & boiled for 24 hours, ground with volcanic rock, and then cooked to perfection, including thin, thick-cut, and Sonora-style. Masa is also sold for customers to make tortillas at home.
- Cremería: The Cremería is Vallarta’s version of a traditional deli, where customers can find a selection of the freshest house-made cremas from Mexico and Central America, as well as Latin American cheeses, including queso fresco, queso frijolero, cotija, queso Oaxaca and more.
- Panaderia: Customers can find Latin American favorite breads like conchas, puerquitos, mantecadas, and bolillos. Vallarta also makes cakes and sweets in-store from red velvet to their signature Vallarta Tres Leches cakes, tiramisu, gelatinas, cheesecakes, and mouth-watering flan.
- La Isla: Each store has a juice bar where customers can order fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices. Various aguas frescas are also available in many flavors, like horchata, pineapple, papaya, mamey, and jamaica.
Through the Vallarta Go delivery service, customers can also shop from the convenience of their homes and have their groceries and fresh, authentic foods delivered to their homes. La Cocina items are available for delivery via DoorDash.
Meanwhile, the Hispanic supermarket chain is actively involved in various community initiatives, including supporting local schools and charitable organizations in the South Bay.