The NGA Foundation announced the launch of the NGA Foundation Career Center that connects supermarket industry professionals across all fields and career stages with employers offering career opportunities.
The Center also offers a variety of training resources and career tips to support the recruitment of new individuals to the independent grocery sector as well as the retention of current staff.
“Providing opportunities for professional development and career growth are core to our mission to serve the people of the supermarket industry, specifically independent grocers,” said Matt Ott, Executive Director, NGA Foundation. “The new NGA Foundation Career Center will help everyone, from students to executives, connect with companies seeking qualified candidates for a multitude of positions in our industry. We’re excited to see this incredible resource help companies build their bench and strengthen the grocery industry for years to come.”
According to a press release, in addition to serving as a robust source of up to thousands of grocery job opportunities, the NGA Foundation Career Center will be set apart by several benefits it offers to industry professionals and employers, including:
- Job seeker resources including complimentary resume review, interview tips, social media guidelines and more.
- Information on in-person training opportunities to support current team members’ professional advancement.
- The ability to post anonymous resumes, allowing job seekers to be recruited while remaining in control over which employers view their complete information.
- Access to the NGA online training and education center, with over 170 courses in topics ranging from food compliance to merchandising to management.
- A variety of options for employers to distribute jobs to passive job-seeking professionals who do not visit job boards, including Job Flash™ emails to the NGA Foundation’s registered job seekers.
- Extensive employment brand advertising opportunities for employers and organizations.
- A mobile-responsive environment to ensure job seekers have an optimal experience, regardless of device being used.
- The ability for industry professionals to be alerted every time a new job becomes available that matches their personal goals and interests.
The Career Center was developed with the support of the East Central Ohio Dealers and by presenting sponsor, and long-time supporter of the independent grocery industry, FMS Solutions.
For assistance with posting positions, customizing packages, and discussing your positions needs, please reach out to the NGA Foundation at [email protected]. For more information, please visit the NGA Foundation Career Center: www.grocerycareer.org