Nothing better than the aroma of Christmas at home. It is magical, like the smell of certain spices or herbs or even of the pork itself, it can take us to our childhood or it brings us the memory of our mothers or grandmothers. I’m excited to just tell you. So put some holiday music and prepare this red pork loin that even made my neighbor came to knocked on my door to ask me what I was cooking. Is it tasty!
And remember, enjoy cooking more and turn it into a lifestyle. We are what we eat, so keep a balance. Cook with fresh ingredients, good quality and if you are a pork lover like me, remember that the pork loin is one of the cuts lower in fat, but full of all the flavor that takes us back to our countries in every bite.
Recipe of Red Pork Loin
60 minutes, 4-6 people
What you need:
- 6 pounds of pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped well
- 1/2 tbsp achiote powder
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary (and more to decorate)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Beets, potatoes, red onion and carrots (optional)
What you have to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. In a deep container, mix all marinade ingredients and set aside.
3. Dry the pork loin well with a paper towel and cover it well with the marinade and place it in a baking pan.
4. If you like, add beets, potatoes, red onion and carrots to the tray.
5. Place it uncovered in the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes or until the temperature of the pork loin reaches 145F. Immediately, remove it from the oven so it does not overcook. Remember that the loin has very little fat and that is why it is the most healthy cuts, but you do not want it to dry out.
6. Let the pork loin rest for 10 minutes and serve sliced with vegetables or with a green rice (with cilantro and spinach).
Doreen Colondres is a celebrity chef. Author of the book The Kitchen Does not Bite. Follow her on Facebook and Instagram @DoreenColondres and visit www.LaCocinaNoMuerde.com, www.TheKitchenDoesntBite.com