Smithfield Fresh Pork along with the National Pork Board joined the Puerto Rican chef and restaurateur, José Mendín, to celebrate and share Holiday recipes with the Latino community in the US and to give consumers confidence in their culinary skills during this Holiday season.
Chef Mendín is sharing six of his favorite Holiday recipes, featuring the quality and flavor of Smithfield Fresh Pork, which is the ideal protein for Latino consumers in the U.S.
“As a Latino, I know how central fresh pork is for many traditional Holiday dishes,” said Mendin. “Quality pork that consumers can trust to create flavorful recipes for their celebrations with families and friends is important, and Smithfield Fresh Pork provides them that confidence.”
Puerto Rican-born and Miami-based Chef Mendin is the connoisseur behind the Pubbelly Group, a variety of pork-inspired restaurants, including critically-acclaimed Pubbelly Noodle Bar. His restaurants are internationally located in the cities of Miami, Casa de Campo and San Juan.
Since last October, the National Pork Board is carrying out the “El Sabor de Hoy” campaign to celebrate the holidays with the Latino community in the U.S., in an effort to feature pork cuts that deliver great flavor and value.
For this Holiday season, Mendín has prepared a collection of six of his favorite recipes highlighting the quality and flavor of Smithfield Fresh Pork.
Chef Mendín’s Favorite Holiday Recipes
- Spicy Marinated Pork Loin – A take on Smithfield’s classic Boneless Pork marinated with chipotle, honey, oregano, cumin and paprika with a blend of caramelized garlic and onions.
- Sautéed Pork Chops with Romesco – These pork chops feature Smithfield Fresh Pork Bone-in Pork Chops marinated in a homemade Romesco sauce consisting of a mix of pine nuts, hazelnuts, garlic, tomatoes and piquillo chiles for a kick the whole family will love.
- Pork Sirloin Steak Milanesas with Chimichurri – Smithfield Fresh Pork Boneless Sirloin Roast steaks fried with panko breadcrumbs, garlic and onion powder and served with flavorful Chimichurri, are a mouthwatering delight for your Holiday guests.
- Pork Tenderloin Cutlets with Caramelized Onions – Add flavor to your Holiday dinner with Smithfield Fresh Pork Tenderloins coated with lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar and onion marinade, served with caramelized onions and drizzled with a thickened sauce.
- Lechon Asado Mojo Marinated – The perfect mojo marinade paired with Smithfield Fresh Pork Bone-In Pork Chops is the combination your taste buds have been craving. The one-inch cut pork topped with a blend of fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic and lemons.
- Puerto Rican Christmas Pork Roast – It’s your traditional holiday roast with a Puerto Rican flare. Marinated in a tangy cilantro that will give your Smithfield Fresh Pork Bone-In Pork Shoulder Butt Roast the perfect taste for this holiday season.
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands. The company was founded in 1936 in Smithfield, Virginia, establishing the town as the “Ham Capital of the World.”
Information provided by PRNewswire.