The Kroger Co. announced a spring hiring event scheduled for Saturday, April 30, the grocer’s third nationwide hybrid hiring event. The supermarket chain is hiring for 23,000 open roles across all departments, including retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, pharmacy and healthcare roles.
The event will take place from 1 pm to 5 pm ET for virtual interviews and 1 pm to 5 pm local time for nationwide, on-site interviews.
“After our successful fall hiring event, we are eager to once again open our doors – virtually and in-person – to welcome new members to our organization,” said Tim Massa, Kroger senior vice president and chief people officer. “Hosting a hybrid event allows us to reach and interact with more candidates in the way that works best for them while also showing them the many fresh, uplifting career opportunities available across our company.”
Kroger offers resources, benefits, and training, to support and develop associates including:
- Wages & Benefits: Kroger provides comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive salaries and wages, healthcare, and retirement. Kroger has invested an incremental $1.2 billion in associate hourly wages and training over the last four years, including more than $450 million in 2021. This investment in wages has boosted its average hourly wage to $17 and when coupled with benefits, average total compensation is more than $22 an hour.
- Continuing Education Support: The Kroger Family of Companies’ continuing education program, offering up to $21,000 in tuition reimbursement for both part-time and full-time associates, covers a GED to PhD. Since inception, this program has benefited 6,789 associates, with hourly associates making up 88.4% of those who have taken advantage of the offering so far.
- Training & Development: Kroger leverages innovative technologies to deliver on-demand, role-specific training and resources, as well as leadership, career advancement, and diversity, equity, and inclusion training.
- Health & Wellness: The grocer continues to further support associates’ safety, health, and well-being by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy and through resources like The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health that is available 24/7 and offers free counseling sessions as well as BetterHelp, another mental wellness resource. The organization also encourages use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga, and sleep.
- Perks & Discounts: Kroger provides flexible scheduling, an advance pay option through partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel, and more.
Hiring Event Details
Available opportunities include store leaders, customer service managers, fulfillment center associates, e-commerce specialists, digital marketing managers, software engineers, data architects, delivery drivers, warehouse workers, machine operators, category and procurement managers, financial analysts, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, project managers, and administrative supporters.
To preview all available roles and register for the hiring event, visit thekrogerco.com/careers/spring-hiring-event.