The industry’s most celebrated chefs and thought-leaders share their culinary prowess and industry insights at the 2018 National Restaurant Association, Restaurant Hotel Motel Show in Chicago, USA, from the 19th to the 22nd of May. From the latest trends to mastered skills and techniques to fascinating behind-the-scenes stories, participants will get a little of everything at the World Culinary Showcase.
World Culinary Showcase will feature internationally acclaimed chefs with a wide range of culinary specialties and runs all four days of the Restaurant Show.
The 2018 World Culinary Showcase lineup includes:
- Masaharu Morimoto- @chef_morimoto – Japanese chef Morimoto stars in Iron Chef and Iron Chef America. He has opened more than 15 restaurants around the globe, earning critical praises that includes a James Beard award and a spot on Food & Wine’s “Best U.S. Restaurant Openings.”
- Govind Armstrong- @govindarmstrong – For the past two decades, Armstrong has been instrumental in the evolution of California’s local-focused regional cuisine. His Post & Beam serves California-inspired soul food that consistently tops annual “Best of Los Angeles” lists.
- Sarah Grueneberg- @chefsarahjayne – Grueneberg is currently chef/partner of Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio in Chicago’s West Loop. Since opening in 2015, Monteverde has won multiple accolades, including the 2018 “Restaurant of the Year” Jean Banchet Award.
- Rick Bayless- @Rick_Bayless – Since 1987 Bayless has been changing the way America eats Mexican, with four award-winning restaurants in Chicago, two quick-service brands and a retail line of sauces, salsas and more. He has won six James Beard Awards and his contributions to the community have garnered awards both at home and in Mexico.
- Anne Burrell- @chefanneburrell – Best known as the host of Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America well as other shows, Burrell has worked at some of New York’s top restaurants, competed on The Next Iron Chef, and written a New York Times best-selling cookbook.
- Michael Mina- @ChefMichaelMina – A 2013 inductee into the James Beard Foundation “Who’s Who of Food & Beverage,” Mina has dazzled the culinary world with bold dining concepts and contributed to San Francisco’s reputation as a world-class epicurean destination for 20+ years.
- Charles Phan- @charlesphansf – Phan pioneered modern Vietnamese cuisine in America as executive chef and owner of the Slanted Door family of restaurants. His current restaurants in San Francisco are The Slanted Door, Out the Door, OTD, Hard Water, and the newly opened Rice & Bones in Berkeley.
- Barton Seaver- @bartonseaver – Seaver is on a mission to restore our relationship with the ocean, land, and each other—through dinner. He has translated his illustrious career as a chef into his leadership in the area of sustainable seafood innovations.
- Takashi Yagihashi- @ChefTakashi – Takashi’s signature fusion of French, Asian, and American cuisines has delighted diners and critics for more than 35 years. In addition to winning Michelin stars for Takashi, Michelin Bib Gourmand Awards for Slurping Turtle, and countless “best of” accolades, he is a fan favorite on televised chef competitions.
- Antonia Lofaso – Lofaso’s Scopa and Black Market Liquor Bar reflect her Italian-American heritage, creativity, and classic training. She has appeared on Iron Chefand Cutthroat Kitchen and is the author of The Busy Mom’s Cookbook which offers recipes for quick home-cooked meals and shares her own story.
- Joe Flamm- @FlammJoe – The executive chef of Chicago’s Michelin-starred Spiaggia and Café Spiaggia, Flamm just won season 15 of Bravo’s Top Chef. Prior to joining Tony Mantuano at Spiaggia, Flamm worked alongside some of Chicago’s best-known chefs including Stephanie Izard, Art Smith, and Bill Kim.
- Chris Cosentino – @ChefCosentino1 – Best known as co-owner of San Francisco’s celebrated Cockscomb, Portland’s Jackrabbit, and Acacia House in Napa Valley, Cosentino is influencing a generation of chefs with his creative, whole-animal cuisine. Cosentino has authored two cookbooks and won season four of Top Chef Masters. He is a passionate cyclist and philanthropist.
The Foodamental Studio gives you access to latest food trends
Successful foodservice professionals never stop learning. Join thousands as industry experts share their tricks of the trade. Besides getting up close with your favorite celebrity chef performing wonders on stage, experience hands-on classes, culinary sessions, and FABI Awardee Tasting events at Foodamental Studio. Foodamental Studio gives you direct access to the secrets behind the latest food trends. Throughout the four days of the Show, there will be more than 14 workshops. Detailed information about each session is already available online.
Don’t miss the Bellavita Italian Pavilion as it lays Italy at participants’ doorstep with artisan products and demos by Italian chefs for four days of amazing food, extraordinary wine, and superb dishes. Chefs include three-Michelin-star recipient Massimo Bottura (@massimobottura), Iron Chef America Judge Mario Rizzotti (@RizzottiMari) John Coletta (@ChefJohnColetta – Gibsons Restaurant), Adam Weisell (Osteria Aurelia), Heidi Hedeker (Slow Food Chicago, Kendall College) and Mark Grimes (Che Figata).
Emerging technologies. Trending products. Culinary inspiration. Industry education. Expert-led insights. ALL IN ONE PLACE. To learn more about the Restaurant Show and obtain information about exhibitors, education sessions and much more, please visit Restaurant.org/Show