Cardenas Markets is getting ready to open its first store in the Los Angeles metro area on Wednesday, July 1st.
The Hispanic supermarket chain new store located at 11750 Whittier Blvd. in Whittier, has undergone a complete interior renovation that highlights the company’s new design concept “Keep Life Flavorful” while also spotlighting Whittier’s rich history.
As Cardenas Markets opens its doors to the Whittier community, customers will find amazing values across the entire store through an exceptional variety of authentic Hispanic foods in addition to a large selection of conventional offerings.
The company’s Whitter location features the following amenities:
- A colorful Produce Department with a wide array of perfectly ripe, seasonal fruits and vegetables from the USA and Latin America at affordable prices.
- A Full-Service Meat Department with fresh cuts of beef, pork, and chicken cut daily, in addition to a large selection of seafood.
- An authentic Mexican Cocina where customers can savor the flavors of Cardenas’ signature carnitas, tamales, taquería classics, and enjoy great Daily Deal options.
- A Tortilleria featuring authentic corn tortillas made by utilizing traditional Nixtamal technique in addition to flour tortillas and masa made from scratch.
- A Bakery filled with specialty pastries, desserts, cakes, pan dulce, and bolillos baked fresh daily.
- A Café and Juice Bar offering natural juices, healthy smoothies, specialty coffee, and delicious teas.
“We are humbled and honored to serve the Whittier community,” said Cardenas Markets CEO John Gómez. “Our warm, friendly, and knowledgeable team members work hard to bring families and communities together by providing our customers great food, products, and services at a superior value in a clean and safe environment,” Gómez added.
The Cardenas Markets Foundation will make donations totaling $20,000 to La Serna High School ($5,000), Whittier High School ($5,000), Pioneer High School ($5,000), and California High School ($5,000), as part of the company’s tradition of supporting the community.
The company said it will open its Whittier location in compliance with local health and CDC guidelines related to COVID-19, and the store chain said it has implemented strong health and safety protocols to better serve its team members and customers.
Cardenas Markets is headquartered in Ontario, CA, and now operates a total of 52 stores under the Cardenas banner and 7 stores under the Los Altos Ranch Market banner. It is one of the largest Hispanic grocery chains in the country with stores in California, Nevada, and Arizona.