Vallarta Supermarkets, one of the largest Latino-owned supermarket chains in California, announced the donation of $75,000 to local nonprofit organizations serving children, seniors and families in need this holiday season.
Vallarta said they understand the importance of supporting local nonprofits in the communities it serves.
Earlier this year, Vallarta Supermarket’s Gonzalez Family Foundation donated $150,000 to local charities helping families and seniors in need during the pandemic, making their total contribution $225,000 for the year.
“This donation will help organizations continue to help our most vulnerable in the community,” said Andrew Lewis, Vice President of Marketing, Vallarta Supermarkets. “We hope these donations express the gratitude and support we have for all our communities.”
The Gonzalez Family Foundation donations will go to the following nonprofit organizations:
- MEND Food Bank, Pacoima, CA
- Meals on Wheels of San Fernando Valley, VIC, Van Nuys, CA
- Meals on Wheels, Downey, CA
- Meals on Wheels, Whittier, CA
- Meals on Wheels, Pasadena, CA
- Meals on Wheels-Santa Clarita Valley, Santa Clarita, CA
- Simi Valley Council on Aging, Simi Valley, CA
- Park Avenue Community Center, Escondido, CA
- San Diego Food Bank, San Diego, CA
- Meals on Wheels-City of Oxnard, Oxnard, CA
- Meals on Wheels America, Santa Maria, CA
- High Desert Second Chance, Hesperia, CA
- The Victor Valley Community Services Council, Victorville, CA
- Fresno-Madera Agency on Aging Food Bank, Fresno, CA
- Meals on Wheels America-Bakersfield Senior Center, Bakersfield, CA
- Community Action Partnership of Madera County, Madera, CA
- City of Delano Senior Center, Delano, CA
- City of Tulare Senior Community Center, Tulare, CA
- CSET Senior Services, Visalia, CA
- Indio Senior Center, Indio, CA
- Graces Resources, Lancaster, CA
- Meals on Wheels America- Orange County, Anaheim, CA
- St. Francis Center Food Bank, Los Angeles, CA
- City of Baldwin Park-Senior Center, Baldwin Park, CA
These nonprofit organizations serve the following Vallarta Supermarkets communities: San Fernando Valley, Whittier, Downey, Pasadena, Santa Clarita Valley, Simi Valley, San Diego, Santa Maria, Oxnard, Victorville, Hesperia, San Joaquin Valley, Antelope Valley, Anaheim, and Los Angeles.
Founded in 1985, Vallarta Supermarkets is a full-service, independent grocery chain with 52 locations throughout California.