Abasto presented a plaque of recognition to Interex during the Expo ANTAD and Alimentaria 2016 in Guadalajara, Mexico. Interex is one of the associated brands with that was there to receive this award from Dan Calhoun, publisher for Abasto Media.
History of Interex Corp
- Founded in 1987 as the exporting company ofTopo Chico.
- In 1997 the regional office opened in Houston, Chicago and Dallas.
- In 1998 the “mole” flavors soda brand was launched.
- In 1999, thanks to the growing success of Topo Chico, headquarters opened in Irving, TX.
- In 2008, after the acquisition of Bokados in Mexico, began to export the snack along with Topo Chico and Mole flavors.
- In 2009 acquired the brand Trechas.
- In June 2009 the Trechas plant opened in Laredo, TX.
- In March 2010 it begins to distribute Barrilitos brand.
- In March 2011 Mr. Snacks company based in La Mirada, CA opened.
History of Topo Chico in the USA
- In 1987, they ventured for the first time in the United States, bringing unparalleled freshness to the country.
- Texas was the first State that exported the Topo Chico mineral water.
- Success in Texas took them to other States at the beginning of the 90s, such as Illinois, Georgia and Florida.
- At the beginning of this decade began an aggressive expansion to the West of us, going into California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado. Interex territories
Interex continues to grow within the United States and the world all thanks to their famous brand Topo Chico, among others.