Continuing its expansion into West Texas, where it has eight stores, H-E-B opened its first supermarket in the city of Lubbock. The 122,000-square-foot store is located at 4405 114th St.
Filled with some of the most modern amenities, innovations, and features H-E-B offers, the new supermarket will offer distinctive features such as a Sporting Zone shop, which will be fully stocked with Texas Tech and local high school apparel and accessories; a True Texas BBQ, H-E-B’s lauded barbecue restaurant that was recently named best barbecue chain in Texas by Texas Monthly and a top barbecue chain in the nation by Thrillist; and a fuel station with car wash, said the company.
H-E-B Lubbock will be open daily from 6 am to midnight.
Additional, store highlights include:
- H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery.
- H-E-B Pharmacy with two-lane drive-thru service and dietician office offering nutritional services.
- Meal Simple department with fresh, convenient chef-inspired meals prepared in-store.
- Seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, and in-house steamers for steamed seafood upon request and grab-and-go options.
- Meat market with Prime, natural, and organic meats, dry-aged beef, and fully cooked options.
- Large beer and wine section with extensive craft beer selection and wine tasting kiosk.
- Deli department with expanded cheese selection.
- Cooking Connection with live demonstrations and samplings for easy recipes to make at home.
- A bakery department featuring handmade artisan bread, cakes, and a tortilla machine.
- Health & Wellness department with bulk food items sports nutrition products and supplements.
- Texas Backyard featuring plants, pottery, grills, and outdoor essentials.
- Blooms floral department, offering online ordering and delivery service.
Inside H-E-B Lubbock Store
The San Antonio-based retailer will work with Favor, an on-demand delivery service H-E-B acquired in 2018, as an additional convenient option for delivery, including one-hour delivery of beer and wine from H-E-B.
Built with environmental sustainability in mind, the store incorporates several energy-efficient inclusions such as CO2 refrigeration units and LED lighting. As the largest privately-held employer in Texas, the H-E-B Lubbock store will employ nearly 500 associates, with more than 70 percent hired from the local community.
“This is the highlight of my career with H-E-B and I’m honored to serve this dynamic community I proudly call home,” said Top Store Leader Garrett Stauder, an 11-year H-E-B Partner, and Texas Tech graduate. “Along with our partners, we are excited to provide the Lubbock community the best H-E-B has to offer, serving the area, both in our world-class stores and our passionate community service.”
As part of the opening celebration, the grocery retailer also donated $50,000 to the Ted Phea Boys and Girls Club and a $25,000 gift to the United Way of Lubbock. Additionally, H-E-B will provide thousands of holiday meals to the South Plains Food Bank and other local hunger relief organizations as part of its annual Feast of Sharing, an initiative that serves more than 250,000 meals at 33 diners across Texas and México.