Two new Fresco y Más Supermarkets opened in November with the addition of new locations in Tampa and Deltona, Florida, announced Southeastern Grocers, parent company and home of Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket, and Winn-Dixie grocery stores.
The new Tampa Fresco y Más opened on November 3rd and became the third Fresco y Más in the greater Tampa Bay area. Two weeks later the grocer opened the new Deltona store on November 17th to invest in the growing Hispanic culture in the local community.
The new Hispanic grocery store, located at 1229 A Providence Blvd., in Deltona, provides the community with a specialized shopping experience that focuses on celebrating the local growing Hispanic culture in Deltona and Volusia County.
“At Southeastern Grocers, we are dedicated to providing the best products and services for our local communities. With 37 years of experience serving the Deltona community, we believe now is the right time to expand our offerings in Volusia County to provide a supermarket fit for the growing Hispanic community. We listened to customer feedback and evaluated key consumer insights when developing our new Fresco y Más to reflect the unique needs of our Deltona customers,” said Anthony Hucker, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers.
Deltona Fresco y Más Store Opening
Tampa Store Openig
Both new stores featured grand opening celebrations for the community and feature:
- A new custom facade featuring a vibrant yellow color palate and bi-lingual signage throughout the store.
- Refreshed “Frutas y Verduras” (produce department) featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits and vegetables.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch and daily specials, like arroz congri, pallet and more.
- An all-new, full-service Latin “Carnicería” (butcher shop) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom-cut meats to better serve our customers, including T-bone steak, roast beef, whole or half top round and pork loin.
- Renovated “Panadería” (bakery) department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, croquette and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites.
- A refreshed Wall of Value section now featuring enhanced weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- A new Dollar Zone within the store, that features hundreds of everyday essentials that are tailored to the community, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
Since 2016, Fresco y Más has continued to delight customers with an authentic shopping experience and serve as a community hub for families wishing to create authentic Hispanic meals.