FMI—The Food Industry Association announced its 2021 Store Manager Award finalists. From a strong field of 77 nominees, these ten finalists stand out for their dedication, community commitment, and innovation.
The Store Manager Awards are presented to outstanding managers who generate sales growth, effectively communicate company and store goals and objectives, demonstrate team leadership in their store/company, provide exceptional customer service through in-store programs and improve community relations, said the FMI.
“Our 2021 class of Store Manager Award finalists were already starred performers before the challenges of the pandemic entered the picture,” FMI President and CEO Leslie Sarasin said. “The ways they quickly adjusted their businesses, continually rallied their teams, and steadfastly served their communities during the extreme circumstances of a national emergency makes them truly exceptional.”
2021 FMI Store Manager Award Finalists
Category A (1-49 Stores)
- John Salcito, Store Manager, ShopRite Supermarkets, Inc., New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Keith Buswell, Store Manager, Skogen’s Festival Foods, Onalaska, Wis.
- Katie Swenson, Store Manager, Lunds & Byerlys, Minneapolis, Minn.
Category B (50 – 199 Stores)
- Morris Lewis, Store Director, Super 1 Foods Store, Brookshire Grocery Co., New Iberia, La.
- William Randall, Store Manager, Giant Food, Falls Church, Va.
- Hugh “Rusty” Rollins, Store Manager, Food City, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc., Athens, Tenn.
Category C (200+ Stores)
- Brandon Lampkin, Store Director, Hy-Vee, Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Donna Maxwell, Store Manager, Harris Teeter, LLC, California, Md.
- John Spaulding, Store Director, Meijer Company, Marquette, Mich.
Category D (International)
- Malene Hansen, Store Manager, SPAR Haderup, SPAR International, Haderup, Denmark
FMI includes a profile for each finalist on the Store Manager Awards website, and over the next four weeks, the FMI Voice of Food Industry blog will feature their stories.
From June 7 – 11, 2021, FMI will host our People’s Pick category, during which they ask members of the public to vote for their favorite Store Manager Awards finalist.
Winners from all four categories and the People’s Pick recipient will be announced during a live, virtual celebration on June 17 at 1:00 p.m. ET via FMI’s YouTube channel. The Coca-Cola Company sponsors the Store Manager Awards.