Amazon Fresh continues its expansion in Southern California by opening three new grocery stores. The Mission Viejo store opened on April 21; the La Verne location will open Thursday, April 28, and the Murrieta location will open Thursday, May 5, the retail giant announced.
All three new Amazon Fresh stores are equipped with Just Walk Out Shopping, adding convenience to customers’ shopping experience by giving them the option to skip the checkout line. Each store has approximately 35,000 square feet of space.
Amazon outlined the support it provides to local communities by creating hundreds of new jobs with the opening of each store, offering a starting wage of $16.40 per hour, and donating surplus food to local food banks.
Once all three stores are open, there will be 14 Amazon Fresh locations in southern California and 30 stores across the country.
To celebrate the opening of its new locations, including the Mission Viejo location, Amazon Fresh will be offering gift card giveaways, free samples, and special discounts.
The new Amazon Fresh stores have service hours from 7 am to 10 pm and are located at the following addresses:
Related Article: Pedro Maldonado Adds Latin Flavor to Amazon
- Mission Viejo: 26940 Crown Valley Parkway, Mission Viejo, CA 92621
- La Verne: 2229 Foothill Blvd, La Verne, CA 91750
- Murrieta: 40481 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd, Murrieta, CA 92563
Amazon Fresh services
- Selection: Amazon Fresh has a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood, as well as a range of prepared foods made fresh in store every day, from fresh-baked bread and made-to-order pizzas to rotisserie chickens and hot sandwiches. They feature Whole Foods Market’s 365 organic products, plus national brands like Coca-Cola and Kraft Mac and Cheese; local brands like Pizza Port Brewing, CoolHaus Ice Cream and Rockenwagner Bakery; regional favorites like Duke’s Mayo, Ellenos Yogurt and Boston Chowda; and Amazon-exclusive brands like Aplenty, Cursive and Fresh, which include plant-based products.
- Low Prices: Customers will find low-priced items available to shop every day—including $0.15 cent bananas; $0.89 cent freshly baked bread; $1.99 freshly baked pizza slices; and $4.97 rotisserie chickens.
- Just Walk Out Shopping: Customers who opt for Just Walk Out Shopping can enter the store by scanning the In-Store QR code in their Amazon app, using Amazon One, or inserting a credit or debit card to open the Just Walk Out gates. Once inside the store, customers can shop like normal. Anything they take off the shelf is automatically added to their virtual cart, and anything they put back on the shelf comes out of their virtual cart. At the end of their trip, customers shopping with the Just Walk Out experience simply scan or insert their entry method again to exit and they’re good to go.
- Payment Methods: Amazon Fresh accepts cash, SNAP/EBT, credit or debit card, or customers can use the In-Store QR code in the Amazon app. Customers shopping with Just Walk Out technology can use the In-Store QR code in the Amazon app to shop.