Over the years, countless friends have been surprised and intrigued when I tell them that I do my grocery shopping at Vallarta Supermarkets.
Ever since I set foot in my first Vallarta Supermarkets, I have been a happy and loyal customer. And for good reason. At the heart of the Vallarta Supermarkets is great customer service and providing the highest quality products at a bang for your buck.
Here are the top reasons you might fall in love with Vallarta Supermarkets and why they are a must in your grocery shopping repertoire.
What Is Vallarta Supermarkets?
Vallarta Supermarkets (Carniceria Vallarta) is one of the largest food retailers in the United States focused on the Hispanic consumer. It is based in Sylmar, Los Angeles, California. The chain caters to the growing Latino population of California and sells specialty food items usually not found in your traditional American supermarkets.
The company was founded in 1985 by Enrique Gonzalez Sr., who was later joined by his four brothers, his son and a nephew. Since then, Vallarta Supermarkets has grown to a total of 50 stores throughout California.
What Do They Sell?
Vallarta Supermarkets sells products primarily focused on the Hispanic community, a niche that is not addressed by the big chain stores.
So, what products can I find at Vallarta Supermarkets?
Vallarta Supermarkets offered a wide variety of Latin foods (from all about Latin America & Central America) and products which could only be found at its store: meat cut to order Latin style (ranchera, diesmillo, lomo de res), spices, hot foods ready to eat, sweetbreads made daily, exquisite pastries, fresh produce and so much more in addition to everything else you would expect from a traditional grocery store.
When you grocery shop at Vallarta Supermarkets you are bound to find the following departments:
- Full and Self Service Meat (Carniceria) – Wide variety of beef, pork and chicken
- Freshly made Tortillas (Tortilleria)
- Mexican Kitchen (Taqueria) – Hot Foods with in-store dining area
- Bakery (Panaderia)
- La Isla (The Island) – Aguas Frescas/Drinks, Ice Cream. Juice Bar/Jugos Frescos/Atoles y Champurrados
- Cremeria (Salsas, yogurts, Latin style cheeses, store prepared “chorizo”) Sliced deli meats
- Deli, Dairy & Frozen
- Health, Beauty, Wellness and General Merchandise
- Specialty foods from Mexico, Central & South America
Why Shop At Vallarta Supermarkets?
These are only a few of the many reasons you want to shop at Vallarta Supermarkets.
- If you crave the authentic flavors and experiences of Mexico and Central America, Hispanic.
- If you love great customer service, cleanliness, beautiful decor, a pleasant shopping ambiance, and a large variety of ethnic/international products in all departments.
- If you love sampling fresh-made tortillas and juices, watch butchers slice up roasted meats, and buy a wide range of culturally significant products like tropical produce and authentically prepared foods.
- If you love fresh bread and pastry out of the oven. Vallarta Supermarkets offers a Panaderia
- They also have a Taqueria and Carniceria
- If you love the authentic flavor of Hispanic/Latino food
- And many more reasons!
The experience Vallarta Supermarkets gives to their customers is a journey outside of the daily routine, making each visit to their departments a unique experience.
Vallarta Supermarket Customer Service
Vallarta is committed to providing a family-friendly atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and can enjoy their shopping experience. Visit us today!
Other services offered to Vallarta Customers include:
- Check cashing
- Bill payment
- Money transfer
- And much more!
Vallarta Supermarket Weekly Ads
You can shop Vallarta Supermarket’s weekly sales and deals through their Weekly Specials Ads. You can sign up on their website to sign up for Vallarta Supermarkets Weekly Ads.
Vallarta Supermarket Hours
Clearly, Vallarta Supermarket is also not open 24/7!
Currently, most Vallarta Supermarket stores in the U.S. are open from 8 am-10 pm Mondays-Sundays. Hours of operations may vary depending on your location.
Vallarta Supermarkets Locations
Vallarta has over 50 locations in California (Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino, Kern, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Tulare, Orange and Fresno counties).
Here is a brief list of their Vallarta Store locations:
- Vallarta Supermarkets Fresno
- Vallarta Supermarkets Bakersfield
- Vallarta Supermarkets Santa Maria
- Vallarta Supermarkets Lancaster
- Vallarta Supermarkets Palmdale
- Vallarta Supermarkets Visalia
- Vallarta Supermarkets Oxnard
- Vallarta Supermarkets Oxnard
- Vallarta Supermarkets California
- Vallarta Supermarkets Delano
You can find a Vallarta Supermarket store near you here.
Vallarta Supermarkets Near Me
You can search for your local Vallarta Supermarket by typing in “Vallarta Supermarkets near me” on Google.
Learn more at Vallarta Supermarkets