Costco’s hours have changed!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Costco hours have temporarily changed due to precautions related to Coronavirus.
Costco is firmly committed to helping protect the health and safety of its members and employees, and to serving our communities which is why it has taken a number of steps including updating its hours of operations. Most Costco stores are now opening at 10:00 am to 8:30 p.m. local time effective today until further notice.
As families continue to visit Costco warehouse stores for the food, medicine, and essential supplies they need, Costco is committed to helping team members and guests stay safe and healthy.
- Puerto Rico warehouses will allow no more than one person to enter the warehouse with each membership card, in accordance with local government mandates.
CURRENT Costco HOURS FOR EVERYONE
If you are a Costco customer, hours have changed due to the current pandemic situation.
The table below is the new Costco hours for everyone.
|10:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.||9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (May vary by location)|
While most Costco stores across the country are opening at 10:00 pm and closing at 8:30 p.m. we encourage customers to use Costco’s Store Locator to find a store near you and the latest hours for that specific location.
Costco HOURS FOR AT RISK-CUSTOMERS
Costco has introduced dedicated shopping hours for at-risk customers guests. At most clubs, the designated hour for senior shoppers, members with disabilities, or immunocompromised is 9 to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases, Costco will maintain current Special Operating Hours until further notice.
If you shop at Costco and do not meet these criteria, let’s be mindful of this initiative to keep the most vulnerable guest safe. Only members who meet these criteria will be able to shop during these hours. Guests will not be admitted.
Costco Senior Hours Exceptions
- Los Angeles, CA: Senior Shopping Hours are from 9 to 10 a.m., daily. Locations include: Los Feliz, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Pacoima, and Northridge.
- Culver City, CA: Senior Shopping Hours are from 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Iwilei (Honolulu), HI: Senior Shopping Hours are from 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Massachusetts: Senior Shopping Hours are 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., daily.
- Teterboro, NJ: Senior Shopping Hours are 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Brooklyn, NY: Senior Shopping Hours are 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Staten Island, NY: Senior Shopping Hours are 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Westbury, NY: Senior Shopping Hours are 7 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Oregon: Senior Shopping Hours are 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- The following Bay Area locationsí Senior Shopping Hours are 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday:
- El Camino, Folsom, Great Oaks, Modesto, Richmond, San Leandro, South San Francisco
- The following Bay Area locationsí Senior Shopping Hours are 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., Monday through Friday:
- Almaden, Cal Expo, Livermore, San Francisco, South Sacramento
- The following Bay Area locations’ Senior Shopping Hours are 9 to 10 a.m., Monday through Friday:
- Fremont, Sunnyvale
Costco Food Courts
A limited menu is available at Costco Food Courts. Orders are only available for takeout. No sitting is allowed.
Costco is not accepting returns on specific items, including:
- Toilet paper
- Bottled water
- Sanitizing wipes
- Paper towels
- Disinfecting spray
OTHER IMPORTANT HOUR CHANGES FOR Costco SHOPPERS
- Priority access for Costco members who are healthcare workers and first responders such as police officers, EMTs, and firefighters. Healthcare workers (which includes pharmacists and all hospital employees with a hospital ID. They will also be allowed to move to the front of any line to enter the warehouse.
- Costco is allowing members to use their own reusable shopping bags as long as they pack the bags themselves.
- Costco has reduced service in some departments
CONTACT CENTER HOURS OF OPERATION:
Have a question, concern, comment, or compliment? You can reach them at Costco Customer Service or call 1 (800) 774-2678 during business hours.
WHY THE CHANGE IN costco HOURS?
Costco wants to ensure their associates have ample time to restock, clean, and sanitize each department, and to provide you the best possible experience.
Costco has implemented limits on certain items to help ensure more members are able to purchase merchandise they want and need. At some locations, there will be limited or no service at the Hearing Aid department, Costco Optical, the floral department, and the jewelry department. They are available at Costco.com.
NEED MORE CONVENIENT HOURS? SHOP AT Costco ONLINE OR THE APP!
You can work around Costco’s new hours by simply shopping online. It’s easy, convenient, and saves you money on shipping costs.
If you’re a new Costco.com member, select “Create Account,” then enter your email address and your choice of password. If you’re a member, enter the membership number found on your membership card. You’re now ready to start shopping!
Shop Costco online for everything you need. Simply search for merchandise by selecting a product category on the left-hand side of the page, or by using the search box with the name of an item or its item number.
Your shopper will leave your order right at your doorstep.
Note: Due to the overwhelming increase in sales of personal care items, non-perishable food, and electronics, some orders may experience a fulfillment/shipping delay.
The Costco aPP
Don’t like Costco’s new shopping hours, simply download the Costco app to always have the latest warehouse offers on hand, Shop Costco.com’s online selection while you’re on the go, access details about your nearest Costco warehouse and so much more!
BEST HOURS TO SHOP AT costco
The best hours to shop are during the morning time from 10:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m for regular customers. For at-risk customers, the best hours are between 9:00 am 10:00 am on Monday through Friday.